Evaluation of the Novaerus Technology in an Emergency Hospital
- S.C. Denimed Consulting S.R.L.
- Bucharest Emergency University Hospital; Romania
- Full Report
To evaluate the effect of the Protect 200 and Protect 800 on the microbial load of the ambient air, to compare the effectiveness of the purification system over the test period, and to evaluate the ease of use of the system and the tolerance of this in the environment.
336 air samples were taken from 7 locations at 3 different heights over 3 months.
The test was carried out in practical and current activity conditions and involved three stages:
- Selecting test zones/locations and establishing the number of Novaerus systems needed
- Determination of the test points and the collection time
- Methodology of the collection and processing of the samples
Summary of Results
The testing of air samples reflected an 89% reduction in airborne bacteria CFU/m3, an 87% reduction in airborne fungi CFU/m3, and up to a 100% reduction in airborne Staphylococcus CFU/m3.
The hospital staff found the Novaerus air purification system to be: tolerable, easy to use and safe for patients and staff.
The Novaerus air purification system complemented existing measures such as washing the hands and surfaces and purifying the air to combat infections and does not require additional interventions to ensure that it functions without interruption.